Forest Dunes Golf Club - Roscommon, MI
Northern Michigan's Forest Dunes Golf Club offers upscale amenities and superb conditions. Opened in 1998 in out-of-the-way Roscommon, the golf course remained below the radar for some time but is flourishing following an ownership change.
As the name implies, the course is a mix of forest and and sweeping hilly holes. Forest Dunes has been touted "Pine Valley meets Augusta"; that might be a little overblown, but the Tom Weiskopf design certainly stands among the state's best. There is a large real-estate development in the works and the course hopes to sell enough homes to eventually go private, but given Michigan's economy and Forest Dunes' location, it will likely remain public for some time.
- Northern Michigan's most scenic drives (from the tee)
- Traverse City joins the package game
- The Bear still the bear of Wolverine State courses
- Weiskopf's Falls puts you on top of the world
- Northern Michigan's upscale golf courses stack up with top vacation hot spots