Tom Weiskopf-designed Forest Dunes Golf Club in Roscommon stands among Michigan's best
ROSCOMMON, Mich. -- Northern Michigan's Forest Dunes Golf Club offers upscale amenities and superb conditions. Opened in 1998 in out-of-the-way Roscommon, the golf course remained below the radar for some time but is flourishing following an ownership change.
As the name implies, the course is a mix of forest and and sweeping hilly holes. Forest Dunes has been touted as "Pine Valley meets Augusta." That might be a little overblown, but the Tom Weiskopf design certainly stands among the state's best.
There is a large real-estate development in the works and the course hopes to sell enough homes to eventually go private, but given Michigan's economy and Forest Dunes' location, it will likely remain public for some time.
- Player's club: Forest Dunes Golf Club in Roscommon is a feast for the skilled
- Destination guide: Great golf and more in northeast Michigan
- No top 100 ranking? No problem at these great Michigan public golf courses
- Northern Michigan's most scenic drives (from the tee)
- Northern Michigan's upscale golf courses stack up with top vacation hot spots