Timber Trace Golf Club on the outskirts of metro Detroit offers the look and feel of northern Michigan golf
PINCKNEY, Mich. -- Located on the outskirts of metro Detroit, Timber Trace Golf Club is a rare piece of southeastern Michigan land with the look and feel of a northern Michigan golf course.
It's tall pines and rolling landscape gives golfers that "up-north" feeling at a fraction of the up-north price.
About half the holes at Timber Trace play in a more open, heather-lined style, especially nos. 13-16, separated from the rest of the course by a five-minute cart ride at each end (probably the reason carts are mandatory here).
Fairways are quite generous, another trait of resort golf. The difficulty comes in the heavily guarded green complexes. But there's no reason you shouldn't hit driver 14 times, even on Timber Trace Golf Club's several short par-4 holes.
- Course review: Timber Trace Golf Club
- Destination guide: Great golf and more in southeast Michigan
- Tanglewood stacks up with suburban Detroit's best
- Find bliss at any of MichiganGolf.com's top courses in metro Detroit
- Metro Detroit offers golf courses for every budget